Well, this is something like a New Year's Resolution. Basically, we realized that between the two of us, we have over 52 years of dieting experience! So, we wanted to draw on that experience.... and our writing talents, to create something that can support us both as we try our best to be healthy... and possibly lose weight. So this will be part food diary, part emotional discussion, part fun... and hopefully completely successful.

Friday, January 02, 2009

I spent the rest of New Year's Day in bed, sick. Not a way to start off the new year, and something I'd like to avoid.

Mary and I had a long conversation about weight and health to end our New Year's Eve. And we both agreed that we need to have a multi-pronged attack towards weight loss, since just focusing on one thing, i.e. food, exercise, etc, wasn't working.

We also agreed that we had better success when we focused on good health and eating, rather than limiting selections or options.

Since I've been having all sorts of gastric ailments, I really like the idea of focusing on good health.

I bought a book the day before on a detox diet. It's intense. A 4-week course, where you eat no meat, no dairy, mainly just fruits and veggies. Plus you have to take a lot of supplements and avoid toxins like plastics, things in cosmetics and toiletries, etc.

I decided it was too much. Then got up to use the bathroom, feeling all achy from having been in one position for too long. Then I looked in the mirror and saw my red, blotchy, old looking face.

Maybe I should do this detox.

So, trying to drink a lot of water. Even made sure to bring a glass from home, so I'm not drinking out of a plastic bottle. I'll head out tomorrow and get the supplements.

Hopefully I can do this for a month, then focus on healthy, normal eating after I clean out my system (especially my gut) out of the yucky stuff I've put into it the past 36 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home