Well, this is something like a New Year's Resolution. Basically, we realized that between the two of us, we have over 52 years of dieting experience! So, we wanted to draw on that experience.... and our writing talents, to create something that can support us both as we try our best to be healthy... and possibly lose weight. So this will be part food diary, part emotional discussion, part fun... and hopefully completely successful.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Oh yeah, accountability. That was one of the prongs we had discussed.

I haven't mentioned my starting weight yet, so let me do that. As of Saturday, I was 230, right on the dot. Pretty much my highest weight ever, go me!

Seriously, it is the highest I've been. At the doctor's, with clothes, it was 233. Blech.

This morning, it was 228, so hopefully the detox is helping. I think the drinking lots of water and having little salt helps a lot, flushing everything out.

When I was in Iowa during Christmas, David had just gotten a Wii Fit for his family. Since I won't see them (of the Wii Fit) again until June, I did a goal of losing 30 pounds by June (when my entire German family is coming to visit.) It's depressing to realize that this still means I'll be over 200 pounds.

Still, that's a loss of 5 pounds a month. If I do better than that, perhaps I'll be under 200.

*sigh* Again, I can remember being 200 pounds and wanting to lose 80 pounds more. Now I guess I want to lose over 100 pounds total.

Hmm, I seem to be focusing on weight again, rather than health. Okay, I want to be healthy enough when the Germans come to be able to traipse around New York and Washington DC without being incredibly sore or having to take breaks like I did when Aubree went to DC. That was just sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home