Well, this is something like a New Year's Resolution. Basically, we realized that between the two of us, we have over 52 years of dieting experience! So, we wanted to draw on that experience.... and our writing talents, to create something that can support us both as we try our best to be healthy... and possibly lose weight. So this will be part food diary, part emotional discussion, part fun... and hopefully completely successful.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

How's this for accountability - everybody has been bringing in their leftover Christmas/New Year's treats, and I've been grazing on them all day. Ugh.

Chocolate is a huge weakness of mine. I need to learn how to be satisfied with a taste. But the truth is, I enjoy nothing so much as being very full. It's like a drug. maybe more exercise is key - it feels gross to exercise on a full stomach. But therein lies another problem. Those mystical endorphins and feel-good rush everybody touts? Never felt it while exercising. Never. I feel tired, sweaty, breathless, and pained. Hmmm. Is it because I'm so out of shape that I can't reach that level, but if I suffer through the crap long enough, I will? If that's the case, I've never been able to endure it long enough for it to feel good.

Heh - it's a lot like dieting, when you think about it. It takes months, when you're as obese as I am, to see a real difference. Months of not feeling full.

Baby steps! I need a non-perishable, yet good for me snack that I can keep in my office so that I stop grazing on chocolate. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home