Well, this is something like a New Year's Resolution. Basically, we realized that between the two of us, we have over 52 years of dieting experience! So, we wanted to draw on that experience.... and our writing talents, to create something that can support us both as we try our best to be healthy... and possibly lose weight. So this will be part food diary, part emotional discussion, part fun... and hopefully completely successful.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yay! Mary's back. And eating well. Glad to see it.

The detox pad things are probably a crock of ... well, what you eliminate when you're detoxing. I'm mainly doing this through food (lots of fruits and veggies) and even more water. Not doing the pill thing so much, although I'm taking lots of vitamins as well.

I watched Biggest Loser again, and exercised the entire two-hour show as well. Just walked in place on the treadmill (since the stupid thing is broke) and even jogged in place for a while. The show is very inspiring. Watching others trying so hard to lose weight, watching them struggle so hard since they were overweight (the 400-lb kid in the kayak was sad since he couldn't keep himself sitting up while using the pedals)... it really makes me want to lose weight.

And there's a real stupid b***h on the show, who barely made it through this week. I want to have more weight loss than she does. She only lost 2 lbs in Week 2, which is what I'm working on now. Hopefully, I'll lose more than 2 lbs, but the scale is not showing that. I need to do more cardio stuff, I think.

Decided to reward myself last night for avoiding sweets. Had this protein smoothie --- banana chocolate --- that tasted better than anything I've ever had in my life. :) Of course, it was 240 a serving, and the bottle had 2 servings. So I stopped at one!

Never been able to do that before. But I know I'll be able to drink the rest later.

I'm trying to appreciate all the food that I eat. Oh, last night, I had the portobello with organic pizza sauce. I topped it with soy cheese. The cheese was the absolute nastiest thing I have ever had in my life. We aren't eating that anymore. I'll go without cheese from now on.

Tonight, I'm going to dinner with my Mom at Mamma Lucia's. I'll test whether or not wheat sets me off. Nothing like pasta to let me know. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home