Well, this is something like a New Year's Resolution. Basically, we realized that between the two of us, we have over 52 years of dieting experience! So, we wanted to draw on that experience.... and our writing talents, to create something that can support us both as we try our best to be healthy... and possibly lose weight. So this will be part food diary, part emotional discussion, part fun... and hopefully completely successful.

Monday, February 02, 2009

Success begets success. Failure begets failure. Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren... never mind.

When I was doing well on the diet, I was doing well. I was losing weight, I was preparing the night before, I was eating when I was supposed to.

One weekend as Manager on Duty with less access to healthy foods and a hell of a lot of access to bad foods... and I fell off the wagon.

And gained weight. Which, of course, led to frustration and annoyance and loss of iniative. So, I ended January the same weight I began it. Which was not the plan.

But it's a new month, with new goals. Again, I want to lose ten pounds by the end of this month.

More importantly, I want to recognize how much better I feel when I eat well, and how miserable I feel when I choose poorly. At the Super Bowl party yesterday, I got really nasty heartburn, and some lovely diarrhea.

Not what I'm looking for, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home